Unconjugated Bilirubin Quantification Kit is designed for easy and direct measurement of unconjugated bilirubin (UCB) in biological specimens. The assay provides specific and accurate quantification of UCB at concentrations as low as 1-5 nM in 50 µL of the sample. This sensitivity is 1,000 times higher than that of commonly used colorimetric Diazo- method. Another advantage of our method is its low susceptibility to interfering agents as compared to colorimetric methods.
– Quantification of low levels of UCB in the blood of animals (rodents), which is often below the sensitivity of colorimetric methods.
– Study of a correlation between low serum bilirubin and different physiological conditions in humans. Evaluation of low UCB as a potential diagnostic marker.
– Cerebrospinal fluid analysis for subarachnoid hemorrhage and other conditions.
Cell/tissue culture growth medium:
– Oxidative stress response;
– Antioxidant testing;
– The rate of heme catabolism/turnover;
– Deviations in heme synthesis and intracellular transport;
– Red blood cells development, senescence, and heme recycling in in-vitro systems;
– Heme oxygenase activity;
– UCB transport.
This assay is based on the ligand-activated fluorescence principle. Fluorescence resulting from non-covalent binding of bilirubin to the fluorescent agent is linearly proportional to the amount of unconjugated bilirubin present in the sample. Fluorescence is measured at 489 nm excitation/ 523 nm emission (GFP/FITC set of filters).
Designed for use with 96-well plate systems. Can be adapted for use with cuvettes.